When I pray, in addition to the prayers for people, I pray for five goals. These goals are for Wakefield Valley Bible Church, the church where I am the pastor. One goal is: To develop men and women of godly character who fully represent biblical masculinity and femininity.
This goal has motivated this series. I believe the best way for men and women to realize such is for them to learn what God intends.
If you desire to be a man or woman who represents biblical masculinity or femininity – If you desire to have the marriage that God has planned for you – Then turn to Genesis 1 and follow along.
Image and Purpose
- God created both man and woman.
- God created both man and woman in His own image.
- God created both man and woman to fulfill His purposes.
Created Order and Roles
- God created man first.
- God created the woman for man.
- God entrusted the man with the moral commands and the responsibility to teach and lead the woman in these commands.
- God is the creator of marriage.
- God designed marriage to be monogamous.
- God designed marriage to be heterosexual.
- A marriage creates a new family.
- Marriage is meant for life.
- Eve ignores Adam’s earlier teaching. She ignores his leaders. And she disobeys God’s commands.
- Eve does not consult her protector and partner.
- Adam is passive and does not lead or enforce God’s commands.
- God holds Adam responsible for the sin.
- Marriage will no longer be a harmonious relationship.
- Women will seek to control men.
- Men will lead by force and domination.
It is possible that you are struggling with some of these ideas, especially the teaching on marriage. I hope you will take the time to explore the Scripture for yourself. God through His Bible will challenge you and change you if you allow Him.
A correct understanding of what Gods says about marriage is important. But more important is how you understand sin, salvation, and Jesus. The Bible is clear. Jesus is the only way to be saved from your sin.
Your sin separates you from God. But Jesus has died so that if you believe on Him you will be saved. Believe on Jesus today. Believe that He is God the Son. Believe that He died for your sin. Believe that He is alive even today. Believe and be saved.
Sign Up & Subscribe
Remember to review, like and share the podcast. This helps spread the good news of Jesus around the world.
Sign up for our show notes. When you sign up, you receive an email notification and a copy of the show notes whenever a new episode is released. Just CLICK HERE and sign up today!
If you live in a country that tries to block Christian podcasts, here is a link to our RSS feed. You may be able to use our RSS to get the podcast.
Finally, feel free to contact us with any question. You can contact us by clicking HERE or going to www.wakefieldbible.org/contact-us/. I would especially love to hear from you if you have believed on Jesus.